Defects and Rejects
- Defect is an unwanted feature in a product, or
- Absence of a desired feature, or
- A feature existing in distorted or wrong way.
- A product becomes reject when it loses sales ability in the market.
- Single defect in most visible area of an apparel may make the whole garment a reject.
Types of defects:
- Non – sewing defects.
- Sewing defects.
Non – sewing defects:
- Defects due to faulty/sub-standard raw materials.
- Defects due to wrong pattern.
- Defects due to wrong spreading/cutting.
- Defects due to poor handling of goods.
- Defects due to oil marks.
- Defects due to wrong ironing/folding/packing.
Proper appearance & performance of seam related with the following factors-
- Feed system
- Proper selection of needle & thread etc.
- During sewing the problems appear may be grouped as below—
- Problem of stitch formation.
- Seam pucker.
- Fabric damage along the seam line/stitch line.