Marker making methods
Marker can be made either in i) Manual method or in ii) Computerized method.
1. Manual Method:
The method of marker making which is done by the hand of people with his own planning is known as manual method of marker making. In this method physical & mental industry is necessary.
Manual method is of two types:
a) Marker planning with full size pattern.
b) Marker with minimized pattern.
a) Marker planning with full size pattern:
- In this method, all patterns are in full dimension according to standard measurement.
- Hard patterns are placed on paper or on fabric and then all patterns are marked by turning different direction to minimize the fabric usage.
- The tables, on which the markers are placed, are arranged in such a way so that they do no tilt.
- Vacuum system is arranged under the table for suction.
- This method is suitable for markers of shorter length. When different sizes of patterns are taken for making a marker, in that case it is not useful.
b) Marker with minimized pattern:
- Full sized patterns are minimized 1/5 part by a pantograph and the patterns are made up of hard paper or plastic sheet.
- Marker is planned with small pattern pieces.
- After making, snaps are taken by camera.
- The covered area of pattern in marker is measured by planimeter.
- Marker efficiency is measured by calculating marker area & pattern area.
- Marker photograph and miniature markers are stored.
- From more minimized marker, full size markers are made with more marker efficiency.
- Sometimes, for pantographs’ problem, full size markers give more efficiency.
- Suitable for large volume.
Planimeter: An instrument for measuring the area of any plane figure, however irregular, by passing a tracer around the bounding line.
2. Computerized Method:
- This is the best method of marker making and widely used.
- In this method, every component of patterns is kept in the memory of the computer and Grade rule is also mentioned.
- Then the computer makes the marker by its pre-fashioned programming technique.
- The information of patterns can be stored by
- Digitizing System
- Scanning System
i. Digitizing System:
- In this process, patterns are placed in the digitizing board.
- Every portion of the components are send to the memory of the computer by clicking special mouse around the pieces.
ii. Scanning System:
- This is a special type of machine like photocopiers.
- Working patterns are placed on the scanning glass and then marker is made in a selected size.
- Grade ruler is used for making other sizes.
Advantages Of Computerized Method:
- Suitable for large-scale production.
- Marker efficiency is higher than manual method.
- Least amount of wastage of fabric.
- If required, printout of marker is possible anytime.
- Automatic grading.
- Less time and manpower required, so production is higher.
Disadvantages Of Computerized Method:
- High initial investment.
- Skilled operator needed.
Difference Between Manual Technique And Computerize Technique:
|01||Computerized is the best method of marker making and widely used.||01||Manual is not the best method of marker making and not widely used.|
|02||In this method, every component of patterns is kept in the memory of the computer and Grade ruler is also mentioned.||02||In this method, every component of patterns is kept in the memory of the marker maker and Grade rulers are not mentioned.|
|03||Suitable for large scale production.||03||Suitable for small scale production.|
|04||Marker efficiency is higher than manual method.||04||Marker efficiency is comparatively lower.|
|05||Least amount of wastage of fabric.||05||Large amount of wastage of fabric.|
|06||If required, printout of marker is possible anytime.||06||Printout of marker is not possible anytime.|
|07||Automatic grading.||07||Only manual grading.|
|08||Less time required, so productivity is higher.||08||Productivity is lower.|
|09||High initial investment.||09||Lower initial investment.|
|10||Skilled operator needed.||10||Workable without skilled operator.|
|11||The information of patterns can be stored by –|
i. Digitizing System,
ii. Scanning System.11There is no automatic/ electronic way storing information.
Computerized Marker Making:
Computerized marker making method is of two (2) types. They are –
- Automatic Marker Making
- Interactive Method
01. Automatic Marker Making:
- In this process computer itself produces marker form different pattern pieces.
- In the automatic marker making system, the computer makes the marker itself according to the command given to computer.
- In this process, higher marker efficiency can be achieved but it is a time-consuming method, because computer use permutation – combination method to produce marker.
- The modern systems however overcome this problem of time and now a days it is possible to get automatic marker only in 2 minutes with a satisfactory level of marker efficiency.
02. Interactive method:
- It is a common process, here the marker planner plan markers by interacting directly with the system through a computer screen.
- Two horizontal lines are shown in middle of the screen which indicates the marker width.
- A vertical line in the left indicates the start of the marker and right side is open at first.
- All the pattern pieces are displayed in the miniature form at the top of the screen.
- They are dragged & dropped in the marker area.
- After placing of all pattern pieces, it is possible to see the data like marker efficiency, marker length, and marker width etc. information just below the parallel lines.
- After completion of marker making, it is saved in the computer memory & it is possible to take the printout of the marker any time.
Difference between Automatic & Interactive method of marker making:
|Most efficient marker making system||Less efficient than automatic system|
|More time required to make marker||Comparatively less time required|
|Marker is made by previously planned data||Marker is made by a manual-computer combination|
|Small size patterns are displayed in computer screen, but full size in computer memory||All the pattern pieces are displayed in miniature at the top of screen.|