Ultrasonic and plasma torch cutting method for fabric cutting
The basic principles are features of ultrasonic cutting are as below –
- Ultrasonic welding is the most recent system.
- Vibration frequencies in the 20 kHz range produce 1/20 mm movement in the blade.
- No need of bristle base like computer controlled cutting.
- Disposable knife blades save sharpening time.
- Knifes last for 10-14 days in moderate use.
- Two cutting heads are used, moving in different but synchronized paths.
- Up to 10 plies can be cut and low vacuum only needed.
Plasma Torch cutting
- In this system, fabrics are cut by a thin compressed air blow of high temperature ionized Argon gas through nozzle.
- One or more fabric plies can be cut.
- This system is more useful for cutting single ply fabric.
- The fabrics are cut by placing over a table.
- The surface of which must be placed in a perforated blanked place.
- Still now this system is under research.