Monthly Archives: May 2016
- A Swiss inventor made this product & offered the Trade name VELCRO, comes from the French word VELOUR (velvet) & crochet.
- Consists of 2 nylon tapes, one having a surface of loops & the other having surface of hooks. When pressed together, two tapes adhere & cannot be opened by side way turn easily open by upward turns.
- This trimming is used instead of buttons or zippers.
- It is available in the market in roll form. Most common width 5/8” to 3/4”.
- Used in shoes, belts, money bags, bags, suitcase, sportswear, children, medical textiles etc.
- Mostly used in the garments of paralyzed persons’.
- ‘VELCRO’ is also a famous brand for Hook & Loop Fastening.
- Not suitable for light weight garments, due to high thickness.
- Efficiency reduces due to dirt, dust & materials deposited in the hook or loops.
- The possibility of fabric damage.
- Not comfortable to wear due to less flexibility of tape.